Sunday, August 30, 2009

Magnaflow Performance Exhaust for the z28 Camaro Drag Racer

When choosing which cat-back exhaust system to put on my Camaro, there are a ton of options. Prices of the performance exhaust systems range from about 400 for a simple system on up to close to 2000 for a nice true dual exhaust setup. In deciding what I was going to get I wanted something that would perform well, sound good, and not break the bank.

There are sites out there with tons of clips of various exhaust systems. I did a bunch of listening to these clips, but they have to be taken with a grain of salt, because for one, the clips aren't taken with good equipment always, and the quality of computer speakers isn't always fantastic. Even still I was able to rule out some systems because they sounded too raspy. I was able to rule out other systems because they cost too much.

What I settled on was a Magnaflow performance cat-back exhaust system for my camaro drag racer. The Magnaflow systems sound great, are affordable, make proven numbers on the dyno, and even look great sticking out the back of the car. If you haven't read my other posts, I'm running a full race exhaust from the block back. I've got a set of 1 ¾ into 3 in collected long tube headers, a solid y-pipe without cats, into my Magnaflow performance exhaust from the y-pipe back.

With my cam, my car sounds great. It has a nice healthy rumble at idle, doesn't rasp much at all, doesn't drone in the cab at any cruising rpm, and really screams at wide open throttle. I've gotten many many compliments about how nice my car sounds. All in all, I'm very happy with my magnaflow performance exhaust system.

No comments:

Post a Comment